Trainers of a skilled, safe and productive construction workforce
The LIUNA Training and Education Fund is an integral part of the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), one of the oldest and most respected labor unions in the world.
LIUNA Training develops the curriculum, certifies the instructors, and supports a network of over 70 affiliated training centers throughout the United States and Canada. Our programs are used to train Construction Craft Laborers in the many different career opportunities available to them as a member of LIUNA.
Our training opens the door to opportunity, helping apprentices and journey workers improve and add to their skills, advance their careers and provide a living wage with benefits.
We provide our employer partners with an essential resource that gives them a competitive advantage in the marketplace: a highly trained workforce.
Each year, LIUNA is built stronger through membership training and education programs and hands-on skill development in:
- building construction
- heavy and highway
- demolition / deconstruction / rehabilitation
- environmental remediation
Membership is strengthened by taking advantage of courses in safety, supervision, and industry certification.
What sets us apart?
Independent accreditation. That means quality of products, attainment of the highest standards, and assessment of competency. That means our partner employers know they are getting the best-trained workforce in the industry. For our graduates it means certified instructors teaching from accredited trade curriculum. Ultimately independent accreditation means a substantial return on investment and the added value of a productive, skilled and safe Construction Craft Laborer.
The Power to Excel
The LIUNA Training & Education Fund develops the highest quality, most comprehensive and up-to-date training programs available in the construction industry. Our ANSI accredited provides LIUNA instructors with an . The best-trained instructors use the most effective adult education techniques to power a LIUNA workforce in a dynamic and interactive learning experience. The result is hundreds of thousands of Construction Craft Laborers learning to work safely and efficiently every year.
The Power Of Products and Services:
- A catalog of 25-plus programs and nearly 100 courses
- Hundreds of trained and certified instructors
- World class North American network of
- Identify and secure grant resources to support training
- Educate policy makers, industry contractors and the public
- Support workforce development initiatives
- Create program partnerships and parameters
- Provide instructor and administrative staff development
- Inform, purchase, support, and train in use of technology
- Resource for technical support, training and purchase
- Research, develop and implement accreditation & certification
- Clearinghouse for policy and regulatory requirements
We are the best because we believe training is the foundation for success. The importance of a properly trained construction workforce cannot be overstated. The buildings we work in and the roads and bridges we drive on must be built and maintained by workers who understand the significance of the work they are doing. By learning how to do the job safely and efficiently, LIUNA members remain a profitable asset for their employers, while protecting themselves, fellow workers and the public. That is the mission of the LIUNA Training and Education Fund.